Friday, June 29, 2012

1st protective mission!!

Today I was able to meet the highest ranking NCO in all of the Armed Forces! He came to talk about what changes were gonna be happening in the military as a whole in the next couple years and to see how us the SOLDIERS spirits were. As he was talking about being a leader and do the right thing I was glad that there was at least one smart person in a position to make changes. Also, as he was talking about a bunch of other stuff I could see myself in that position! I cannot wait until I have the power to make changes that will effect the greater good. I am disappointed in myself, because if I would have came to this decision like 2 years ago I would be in that position but instead I did nothing. This deployment has opened my eyes to the things I have been missing and how I need to be better in every aspect of life. I will be so prepared to lead and not just tell my lower soldiers what to do but to lead from the front and show them that I will e in the trenches with them. The Army has taken a lot of time with my family away from me, but if people didn't fight would that time be spent with smiles and good times or the opposite? The Army has also given not just me but my family a lot in return, free education, a good paycheck, and training that you would never get for free and meet a lot of good people. I feel like after this deployment I will be a better husband, father, son, brother and friend and that's a promise for all my friends and family who read this. It is a promise that I will work on everyday! Love you guys and do the right thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment