Thursday, August 2, 2012

The last couple days

Well, it's been a boring last couple days or week or so. Getting pretty pumped to be taking over FOB Fenty soon! Can't wait to run this place the way I want. Our station commander now isn't doing a bad job he just takes things too serious, like giving tickets in a combat zone!! Are you serious right now? I am in Afghanistan fighting a war and I'm not going to give a person a ticket because he/she failed to wear a reflective belt. I am all for giving them when the run stop signs and red lights because you can run into someone and cause serious injury. And that's not good. The guy is a highway cop back home and has never been deployed before and we know how highway cops are! The fact he has never been deployed before makes him an ass because he has no idea what the guys going off the FOB everyday are going through. I have been there and done that and trying to tell this guy anything is like talking to a wall. There's my vent for the week. I have a couple more weeks with him so I'm sure there will be more to come. I almost forgot I had to counsel an E-5 the other day and it Was the most awkward thing. He is like 60 and has been in the army for like 21 years and is still an E-5 and I'm a 27 year old E-6 so it was like talking to my grandfather about his performance. Let's hope that's the last time I have to do that but I don't think so. Well, have a great day an I will post shortly I'm sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment