Sunday, August 26, 2012

Is it all worth it?

I know in the past I have spoke about being in the military and how much I love doing what I do and serving my country. When I call and talk to family and hear how hard it is back home and especially my lovely wife; who is taking care of our children, our house, and going I school. She is doing all this and getting little help! I know it's harder on her to deal with all that and have to deal with me gone. Yeah it's stressful out here and there is a lot going on but it doesn't compare to what she is doing. I lay here and I think "is it worth it?" I can't sleep at night thinking how hard it is for her and I chose to put her in that position. She is the best thing that has ever happened to me and to think I put all this on her shoulders and left makes me wanna jump on a plane and just come home. The military has done a lot for us and I am grateful for that. I have served for 10 years and to think I might do this to her at least 2 more times really makes me rethink my decision to stay in. I have done everything I could think of in the military and served in both OEF and OIF been on convoys and stayed on the FOB. Would I be happy sitting at home? I'm not sure I guess I have a lot of thinking to do. I just hate hearing the stress and my lovely wife sooo tired all the time. If you read this love just know I will do anything to want me to do and all I want is you to be happy!!!! Well, guess I will say bye for now.Remember to do the right thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment