Friday, May 18, 2012

Refering back to my last post. After going through the active shooter training today and my unit did some other training back in Arizon that was hosted by Glendale Police dept. SWAT Sergeant, I feel like I would do a great job at responding to an active shooter. I was asked today "Why did you join the military and what made you wanna be an MP?" Thats the question everyone who joins should have no problem answering. I would like to share it with anyone who reads this. I told the SSG trainer that I joined the military because when the twin towers were hit the USA was found to be not bulletproof like we always thought. There is only 1% of the population that make up the military and it's not for everyone. I wanna fight for those who can't fight theirselfs, when you look at all the memorial walls and see who gave there lives so we have the chance to make such decisions as who is President all the way to writing this blog! I took a lot of things for grantit. Those NYFD/NYPD lost their lives on Sept. 11, 2001 did just that put their lives on the line for people who needed them. I couldn't walk around knowing I am doing nothing to protect those wo can't do it. I'm not saying people who don't join are not American or anything I just feel like I cant stand by and do nothing. I was 17 and really didn't know what I was going to do. So, it was easy for me. I would stay awake at night and watch all the tanks invade Iraq and want to be there. I want to be an MP mostly because I want to be a civilian cop and thats about protecting innocent people. I didn't grow up in the best neiborhood and a happy family. Drugs were the norm in my area I would see bad people all the time getting away with hurting innocent people so if I could stop just one person I would feel accomplished. I have reenlisted once before and I love doing this job and anyone in the military,Law Enforcment, Fire Dept. would go in while everyone is running out because if we don't who will? Thanks for reading until next time, do the right thing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment