Saturday, October 27, 2012

My 4ID guys are leaving

Today starts the long 3 weeks of the active MP's leaving, all my MP's are going home! It's bitter sweet. On one hand I'm glad they are leaving an going to be home with their families, on the other that means I'm gonna have to train more soldiers to do a job for around a month. I got to know these guys and there really cool. I have been lucky to be able to meet a bunch of NCO's on this deployment that have ha a big impact on me as a soldier. MSG Shaw was a great guy who told it how it was and didn't take any shit! He is a lot like me can't stan stupidity especially in a war zone. Gonna miss him and all his funny sayings, but shit moves on an slowly I will be getting new guys and see what the army and this deployment has in store for me. Yesterday was my 28th birthday, the last 2 I have missed due to training and deployment. You would think I would be used to it can't count the amount of stuff I have missed due to the military. It sucks but family makes it ok with all the love shared and I am thankful for them.

1 comment: